PARCC Releases New SampleItems
Washington, D.C. - August 19, 2013 - The Partnership forAssessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC), a 19-state consortiumworking together to create next generation assessments, today releasedadditional sample items for both English language arts/literacyand mathematics. The sampleitems show how PARCC is developing tasks to measure the critical content andskills found in the Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The sample itemshave undergone PARCC's rigorous review process to ensure quality anddemonstrate the content that will be on the assessments in 2014-2015.
Item and Task Prototypes
Updates in ELA Content
- All NEW content align to the Common Core State Standards.
- For grade 3, 22 items and 6 passages have been added.
- For grade 4, 30 items and 7 passages have been added.
- This new ELA content includes a new 2-part multiple choice item type--Evidence Based Selected Response (EBSR) items.
- Additional content will be added for grades 5 through 11/12 over the next few months.
- All teacher-made tests and district-administered tests (DAT) have been removed.
Updates in Math Content
- Text-to-Speech (TTS) functionality has been added for the NEW math content in grades 3 through 5.
- A total of 8 Technology Enhanced Items (TEIs) have been added in grades 4, 5, 6, 8 and 9: two graphing items and six drag-and-drop items. At this time, TTS and large-print functionalities are not available for TEIs.
- Automated scoring functionality is included with the TEIs.
- Large-print functionality has been added for the new content.
- All teacher-made test and district-administered tests (DAT) have been removed.
Social Studies - no changes have been made.
Science - no changes have been made.
Mathematics Assessment Project
Mathematics Common Core Toolbox - PARCC Prototyping Project
Institute for Learning CCSS-aligned Task Sets for ELA
IFL has developed Classroom Task sets for English language arts classrooms that are aligned with the Common Core State Standards and designed to prepare students for the PARCC assessments.