Welcome to Tangipahoa Parish School System! Parents/Guardians of new students to our school system are required to register and provide two (2) proofs of their physical 911 address. A student is assigned to a school in his/her home attendance zone, which is based upon the 911 physical residence of parent/guardian. Use the School and Bus Lookup Tool below to find out which school your student will attend in the 2017-2018 school year. Please follow at steps listed in “New Students”. To avoid delay in enrolling your student, please bring all required documents with you at the time of registration.
Parents/Guardians of new students to TPSS will go to one of the two Registration Centers below to enroll their students.
- TPSS Central Office, 59656 Puleston Rd., Amite
- TPSS Registration Center, 711 West Coleman, Hammond
- Parent/guardian photo ID
- Student’s original birth certificate
- Student's Social Security Card (if available)
- Student’s immunization record
- Withdrawal form from previous school
- Most current report card
- IEP or IAP, if the student receives special education services or 504 accommodations
- Custody papers if parents are separated or divorced or if the child lives with a legal guardian
ACCEPTABLE PROOFS OF RESIDENCE:
At least two (2) of the following documents must be presented to the registrar at the time of registration:· Property tax record
· Mortgage document or property deed
· Apartment or home lease or notarized statement of the verified property owner identifying himself/herself as the property owner, describing the property, the term of lease, and identifying the leaseholder;
· Current utility bills showing the physical residence address in the name of the parent/guardian;
In the case of a student living with a legal guardian, the court decree declaring the district resident to be the legal guardian of the student must be presented.
IMPORTANT! PLEASE NOTE: School assignment is based only on the 911 street address that was entered by the parent/guardian as the student's residency address in TPSS New Student Registration System. All residency information will be examined and, if necessary, investigated to verify the actual residence of the students. Parents/guardians will be provided confirmation of the residency verification.
If at any time the residency information is determined to be false or cannot be verified, the student will immediately be transferred to the correct school in the District or withdrawn and directed to enroll in the public school district of actual residence.
Any person who presents or is involved in presenting and/or processing of any document that is falsified or otherwise constitutes a fraudulent document presented for the purpose of having a student assigned to a District school for which the student is not zoned to attend under the District's desegregation orders shall be subject to the penalties for perjury or for making a false statement in a federal legal proceeding.